Jan Phillips is a visionary thought leader, award-winning author and dynamic speaker. She is co-founder and executive director of the Livingkindness Foundation.
Jan has worked in 23 countries presenting keynotes, workshops, and retreats. She creates a unique multi-sensory experience, weaving humor, storytelling, video and music to inspire and ignite insights for life-changing action. Jan shows people how to access their wisdom, activate their creative energy and communicate with passion and power.
Her own quest has led her into and out of a religious community, across the U.S. on a Honda motorcycle, and around the world on a one-woman peace pilgrimage. Blending east and west, art and activism, reflection and ritual, Jan’s presentations are transformative, uplifting and soul-stirring.
Her books include:
- Finding the On-Ramp to Your Spiritual Path
- There Are Burning Bushes Everywhere
- Finding Ourselves on Sacred Ground
- No Ordinary Time—The Rise of Spiritual Intelligence and Evolutionary Creativity
- The Art of Original Thinking—The Making of a Thought Leader
- Divining the Body
- God Is at Eye Level—Photography as a Healing Art
- Marry Your Muse— Making a Lasting Commitment to Your Creativity
- Making Peace: One Woman’s Journey Around the World
- A Waist is a Terrible Thing to Mind
- Born Gay
Her work has been published in the New York Times, Ms Magazine, The Sun, Newsday, People Magazine, Christian Science Monitor, New Age Journal, National Catholic Reporter and Utne Reader. Jan leads retreats and workshops throughout the US and Canada.
- No Ordinary Time won the Eric Hoffer Award for Excellence.
- The Art of Original Thinking won the Book of the Year Award from ForeWord Magazine, the Editor’s Choice Award from Allbooks Review, and the Best Books Finalist Award from USA Book News.
- Divining the Body and God is at Eye Level were both named Best Spiritual Books for 2000 by Spirituality and Health Magazine and Body and Soul Magazine.
- Marry Your Muse won the 1998 Ben Franklin Award presented by the Publishers Marketing Association and the 1998 Athena Award presented by Mentor/Protégé Magazine.
- Making Peace was placed on the recommended reading list for United Methodist Women.
- Finding Ourselves on Sacred Ground won the 2014 Nautilus Book Award.
As a performing artist, Jan has three CDs of original music, and several DVDs to inspire creativity, all available in her gift shop.
Watch Jan’s videos on her YouTube Channel.